Medical Administration/Receptionist Course
$600 INCLUDING FIRST AID
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE
The Administration Assistant/Medical Receptionist course is the entry level administrative/clerical training needed to gain employment as a medical receptionist or administrator in a medical services environment.
The practical workshop teaches you the necessary skills required in the medical office environment. Along with basic essential theoretical elements such as Work Health and Safety, you also learn medical terminology and complete two weeks work experience in medical environment.
Training is conducted in our training rooms and functioning offices and work experience can be conducted at a practice which suits you. We encourage you to call medical or clinical practices in your local area to source your own placement and we will assist once you make contact.
Potential work environments include:
- medical centres
- nursing facilities
- dental centres
- pathology centres
- radiology units
- legal firms
- generalist administration and reception
This non-accredited short course gives you foundation skills toward further study at Certificate III or IV levels, over a range of community service qualification areas, if you wish to pursue a career in this industry.
- You attend Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10 am until 4 pm for two weeks in a class environment
- You will then complete two weeks work experience placement
- be able to confidently and clearly speak, understand, read and write English
- basic knowledge of typing and using a computer
- have a genuine desire to become a receptionist or admin assistant
- have no criminal convictions
- obtain a National Police Clearance before the program ends
- must be at least 16 years of age
Topic areas include
- Foundation skills for the workforce
- Communication skills, including telephony, dealing with the public, conflict resolution
- Work Health and Safety
- Medical terminology and tending to patients needs
- Legal aspects
- Basic computer skills refresher
- Use of computer packages and internet refresher
- Data base entry
- Use of office equipment
- Basics of accounting
On completion you will receive an Administrative/Medical Receptionist Certificate of Completion.
If you wish to enrol you must call our office during office hours, 9 – 5 Monday to Friday, on 02 95767282.